I'm still on the soup mode and currently adding 3 vegan / vegetarian days to my nutrition plan for the week. As my coach Nathan says - "It's not a diet or short term event" this year I have been relearning the joy of home cooking and not eating out, getting take aways or snacking on crap. Full on lifestyle changes deployed, I am 17kg lighter at this point in the year than I was in February. Along this new relationship with food I have been reviewing my snacks and finding better ways to get more veg in my daily routine. This one is really light on calories but big on taste and easy to make and high in Vitamins C and A.
I prefer this one blended up and matched with brown toast and butter for dipping in - enjoy xx
200g Savoy Cabbage
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
1000ml Boiled Water
100g yellow split peas
1 vegetable stock cube
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp mixed herbs
pinch salt and pepper
1. Set your slow cooker on High and slice your veg and add to the pot
2. Drizzle over the oil, stir the leeks, cabbage and courgette and leave to sweat for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
3. Dissolve the stock cube, garlic and herbs into the boiled water and pour over the vegetables.
4. Add the Split Peas and stir the pot, then leave to cook for 2 hours.
5. Blend your soup, so its thick and serve immediately or portion out.
I split mine into 6 portions at 93 calories per portion
12g Carbs / 5g Fat / 3g Protein
This soup is high in Vitamins C and A, Potassium and Iron.